What day, Harry and Meghan getting married in Windsor, but the attention now shifts to North London today, with London v Manchester, Chelsea v Manchester United in the FA Cup final. The final pitches ex Chelsea manager Mourinho taking on current chelsea manager Conte in a match which is touted as his last game in charge of the Blues if rumours are to be believed.
Chelsea finished the season out of the top 4 and will be looking towin the FA Cup to salvage something from their woeful defence of their League title.
The FA Cup final kick off is at 17:15 BST and will be shown live on BBC1 and BT Sport.
Surely Manchester United with all their experience should be the favoured team, as their squad has depth, and they finished 2nd in the Premier league on Saturday. Chelsea finished the premier league in 5th and ther last game ended in defeat, with them losing 3-0 at Newcastle.
Let us look at the Opta statistics for the game courtesy of optasports.com
- Man Utd could equal Arsenal’s record 13 FA Cup wins
- Chelsea beat Man United 1-0 last time they met in a FA Cup final winning 1-0
- Man Utd will be playing their 20th FA Cup Final a record held jointly with Arsenal
- Chelsea’s have 13 appearances in the final with them losing last years final v Arsenal and if they lose today they will be the first team to lose consecutive cup finals since newcastle in 1998 and 1999
- Chelsea v Man Utd has happened 3 times as a final
- Romelu Lukaku has scored 12 goals in his last 12 FA Cup appearances, including five in five for Manchester United.
Chelsea (from): Courtois, Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Kante, Barkley, Morata, Hazard, Pedro, Bakayoko, Moses, Giroud, Zappacosta, Willian, Cahill, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Eduardo.
Manchester United (from): De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Shaw, Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Matic, Pogba, McTominay, Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku.
Head to Head Man Utd v Chelsea
Games won: 77
Games drawn: 49
Games lost: 53