League cup semi final – Chelsea Vs Swansea
So the second semi final takes place and Chelsea are heavy odds on by now to win the competition
We enjoy this competition, as it ensures a route into Europe!
Best match odds
• Chelsea – 9/20 BetVictor
• Draw – 64/17 Pinnacle
• Swansea – 39/5 Pinnacle
We have some facts, courtesy of Opta Sports:
• Chelsea will be appearing in the League Cup semi-final for the 11th time. They have progressed through to the final in six of their previous 10, including the last three.
• Swansea, meanwhile, have never made the last four of this competition and have not made the semis of a major domestic cup since the 1964 FA Cup, where they were beaten by Preston.
• Chelsea have had more shots on target than any other side in the League Cup this season (36).
• Swansea have scored a goal inside the last 10 minutes of all four of their Capital One Cup games this term.
• Chelsea and Swansea have met once before in the League Cup, with Chelsea winning 3-2 at home in Round 4 back in 1965.
• The Blues have won 18 and lost just three of their last 25 League Cup games at Stamford Bridge.
• Swansea have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 19 League Cup games away from home, conceding 41 in total.
• Rafa Benitez’s side have only won two of their last six home games in all competitions, drawing three and losing one.
• The Swans have only lost one of their last seven away games in all competitions, winning four.
• Juan Mata has scored two goals and assisted four more in just four League Cup appearances.
• Chelsea have won three and lost none of their last five clashes with the Swans in all competitions, though both sides have netted in all five of these games.
Both teams will be going all out in the first leg to make the second leg, less stressful. Backing both teams to score is good at 5/6 with Betfred. Time of first corner is an interesting market also, at bookies risk 5/6 on the first corner occurring before 7 minutes on the clock. This is too good to miss in our view.
A last market we will bet on is the time of the first goal. Paddy Power go best 10/11 on the first goal occurring after the 23rd minute. Victor go a similar price on over 27 minutes.
• Both teams to score – 5/6 Betfred
• Time of first corner – Under 7:00 5/6 bookies
• Time of first goal – over 23 minutes – 10/11 Paddy Power